CENTRAL STATES BENEFIT
Horse Show Rules
ENTRIES MUST BE POSTMARKED BY JULY 8th
Back numbers will not be issued until payment is received.
CLASS FEES: Academy classes – $45, Regular classes – $60, Championship classes – $65. To show in a championship, you must have entered and shown in a qualifying class from that division.
OFFICE FEE: $30 per entry.
STALLS & BEDDING: All horses must have a stall—no jumpouts allowed. Horse or tack stalls are available at $185 each. Shavings are $12 per bag and can be ordered on your entry form. NO OUTSIDE SHAVINGS ARE ALLOWED AT THE AMERICAN ROYAL COMPLEX as of January 1, 2012.
ENTRY FORM: Entry form is available to download using the button at the bottom of this page. You may print a copy to keep for yourself, and mail or fax a copy directly to our Show Secretary, who will not enter your information until a check is received. Please send your payment promptly after you complete and mail your entry form! You can also enter on www.horseshowsonline.com.
CHAMPIONSHIPS: All championships require qualification by showing in a class in the respective division of the championship.
UPHA CLASSICS: Central States Benefit will add $250 to each classic class. Horse Must be nominated to the UPHA Classics. Owner & Trainer Must be members of UPHA. Entry fee for each UPHA Classic class is $100.
PREMIUMS: All classes will receive a trophy and six ribbons.
HEALTH REQUIREMENTS: All horses must present a current negative Coggins test and Health Certificate upon arrival and before entry packages will be released.
CAMPERS/RV HOOKUPS: Camping with electrical hookups is available on the grounds at no charge. No reservations necessary—spots will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Water is available on the back wall only (spots 7-30).
- Participation in the Horse Show can be denied to any person at the discretion of Horse Show officials for any reason at any time.
- Sportsmanlike conduct and following generally accepted equine safety principals are expected of all participants.
- Gate holds will be granted at the discretion of the Horse Show officials. Requests must be made in writing at least one hour in advance of gate hold requested.
- There will be no tack, equipment or clothing changes in the warm up area. All tacking shall be done in secured areas with appropriate safety equipment such as halters, leads, assistants as necessary. (Note: this rule does not apply to Academy classes. Please refer to Academy rules.)
- No horse will be permitted to compete that has shown a prior propensity to endanger the safety of others (human or equine). This determination will be made at the sole discretion of Horse Show officials.
- No horse will be shown that is deemed unsound. This determination will be made at the sole discretion of Horse Show officials after consultation with a veterinarian if deemed necessary by Horse Show officials.